Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ghost Blogging??

While I'm supposed to be on vacation for a few more days I couldn't help but pass along Toby Bloomberg from Diva Marketing's latest blog post. It has everything to do with what we spent our semester talking about, specificaly synthetic transparency and credibility. At first, I was annoyed that executives would have someone else write their "personal" blogs for them, defeating the goal of a blog in the first place. One of Toby's Commenters, Tim Jackson pointed out however that this isn't very different from usual business, "Hey, it's why we PR folks get paid- that is what my clients pay me to do; express themselves for them." He has a point, but does this type of activity take away from the world of blogging and put it firmly in the category of press releases, sound bytes and press conferences?