Thursday, December 08, 2005

Autonomous?

I was looking into getting some feedback for my paper so I sat down with my manager at the company I'm recommending to start a blog. I'm proposing a customer service/marketing blog that will help customers get more information about the shopping center, any events as well as have the opportunity to ask any questions of the blogger they may have about the Center. My manager loved the idea but her two concerns were 1) how much time this would require from the bloggers' days and 2) how to regulate it. She was concerned that each blog would have to be approved before it could be posted. Obviously blogging regulations would have to be created for this company to feel comfortable with the posting, which we know is common. I was wondering, though, how a blog that goes through approval processes is considered in the blogosphere. I'm sure many companies are afraid of liability and secrets getting out as we've read, but if every post is to be approved, doesn't that take away from part of the goal of blogging?